The Android Open Source Project (AOSP) is tasked with the maintenance and further development of Android.
In its development, Android is always to develop a variety of features into its system and is also developing versions for different Android -- Android, Android Cupcake, Android Donut, Android Eclair, Android Froyo, Android Gingerbread, Android Honeycomb, Android Ice Cream Sandwich. The following versions of Android in general outlined by Digital Electronic Info
- Released on February 9, 2009, the advantage on the Android v1.1 features are:
- Map: add details and reviews when the user performs a search in Maps in detail.
- Dialer: the default screen timeout during a call using the speakerphone, can hide and display the dialpad.
- Message: Saving attachments.
- System: adding a layout support.
Android Cupcake (v1.5)
- Released on 30 April 2009 to be some features that have been updated, such as:
- Virtual Keyboard: support for third-party keyboard with predictive-text and dictionary for a word or phrase.
- Widget: miniature applications that can be installed in other applications and updated periodically.
- Camera: recording images or video.
- Gallery: video playback in 3GP and MPEG4
- Bluetooth: Stereo with A2DP and AVRCP support.
- Browser: copy and paste features.
- Contact: adding images to a user favorite.
- Dialer: displays the specified time for events in call log.
- System: animated screen transitions.
- Upload video to YouTube and photos on picasa.
Android Donut (v1.6)
- Released in the last two know, 15 September 2009 andhas been updated with some features
- Search: voice search and enhanced text search entries to include bookmarks and history, contacts, web, etc..
- Text to Speech: multi-language feature for all Android apps to speak of a text format.
- Android Market: allows the search easier on various Android applications.
- Cameras, camcorders, and galleries: updated and integrated with quick camera access.
- Gallery: allows the user to select multiple photos for deletion.
- System: updated with technology support for CDMA / EVDO, 802.1x, VPN and text to speech engine.
- Display: WVGA screen support for resolution.
- Google navigation free turn-by-turn.
Android Eclair (v2.x)
- Released on October 26, 2009 with several features
- Sync: multiple accounts can be added to the device for email and contacts synchronization.
- Email: Email Exchange support, combined inbox to browse email from multiple accounts in one page.
- Contact: tap the image and select a contact to call, sms or email.
- Bluetooth: 2.1 support
- Message: automatically delete the message when it reaches the set limit.
- Camera: dukunagn flash, digital zoom, scene modes, white balance, color effects, macro focus.
- Virtual keyboard: speed in typing.
- System: hardware with speed Optimized, Revamped UI.
- Display: support for zise voyage and resolution, better contrast ratio.
- Maps: Google Maps 3.1.2
Android Eclair v2.0.1 was released on December 3, 2009 and released Android v2.1 Eclair at January 12, 2010 with changes to the API and bug fixes.
Android Froyo (v2.2)
- Released on May 20, 2010 with an updated feature changes
- System: optimization of performance, memory and speed.
- Improved support for Microsoft Exchange.
- Increased application shortcuts to the phone and browser.
- The functionality of the USB and Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Added option to disable features of data access over the cellular network.
- Voice calls and share contacts via bluetooth.
- Support for numeric and alphanumeric passwords and.
- Support for file uploads role in the browser application.
- Adobe Flash support.
- Display: additional support for high DPI screen (320 dpi).
Android Gingerbread (v2.3.x)
- Released on December 6, 2010 with some additions and changes to the features
- System: updated UI design is simpler and faster.
- Display: support extra large screen size and resolution.
- Shorter calls Internet: native support for VoIP phones.
- Virtual Keyboard: faster, more intuitive text input, improved accuracy, better text.
- Copy / Paste: increased choice of words in copy.
- Near Field Communication (NFC) allows users to read tags embedded in posters, advertisements or stickers.
- The new Download Manager makes it easy to access to the file in.
- Media: Support for WebM/VP8 video playback and audio encoding ACC.
- System: an increase in power management with a more active role in managing the application, increased support for native code development, Switched from YAFFS to ext4 on newer devices.
Android v2.3.4 added support for voice chat or video mengguunakan Google Talk.
Android v2.3.5 was released on July 25, 2011, and improve network performance for 4G Nexus S.
Fixed bud bluetooth on Samsung Galaxy S.
Improved Gmail application.
Android v2.3.6 increase in searching the sound bug fixed.
Android Honeycomb (v3.x)
Android v3.0 on the Motorola Xoom
- Android v3.0.1 was released on February 22, 2011 with changes to the features
- Optimized with tablet support and new virtual hologram on the user interface.
- System Bar: quick access to notifications, status, and soft navigation keys.
- Action Bar: access to contextual options, navigation, widgets, or other.
- Copy / Paste: simpler, more intuitive.
- Browser: in automatic.
- Camera: quick access to Exposure, focus, flash, zoom, timer, etc..
- Gallery: See albums and other collections in full screen mode easier and Kase.
- Support for video chat using Google Talk.
- Hardware Acceleration.
- Support for multi-core processors.
Honeycomb Android v3.1
- Released on May 10, 2011 with some changes to the features
- UI improvements.
- USB connectivity for accessories.
- Expansion of the latest list of Apps.
- Wider screen widgets.
- Support for an external keyboard.
- Support for joysticks and gamepads.
- Media: support for FLAC audio playback.
- High-performance Wi-Fi.
- Support for HTTP proxy.
Honeycomb Android v3.2
- Released on July 15, 2011 with improved features
- Improved hardware support.
- Easy access to the application file on the SD card.
- Compatibility mode display.
- Display new support function.
Android Ice Cream Sandwich
Will be released in October-November 2011.
Android Ice Cream Sandwich is combined between Gingerbread and Honeycomb. With such, will likely experience an increase in better features.
Source : Offline TabloidPulsa p.35/ed.201